Atlas lathe

Also, although I am not certain about the 9", the early 10" up until sometime in 1942 had a name plate with either Atlas or Craftsman on it on the rear of the bed retained by two round head drive screws. Sometime in 1942 the name plate was moved to the right end of the bed and what was stamped or engraved on it was changed. The retaining method remained the same so if the plate was removed to repaint the bed and in many cases never reinstalled, at least the two holes are there. Prior to 1942 the serial number was stamped into the top right of the front way along with some other things like the model revision letter and and the type of counter shaft (V for Vertical or H for Horizontal, usually). From sometime in 1942 on, the serial number was stamped on the nameplate..

Last edited:
The only thing on the lathe is the # stamped on is the D 1225. I do not see any holes anywhere else. I am going to rework wiring the guy tried to do on it. So the switch actually works. I did measure the throw and do believe it to be a 10in. I measured 5in to bed from center.

Attachments

• 1025D473-104A-4ABB-8004-49887F090ED1.jpeg
    1025D473-104A-4ABB-8004-49887F090ED1.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 3
OK. As I wrote earlier, the machine is a 10D, serial number 1225. It is important to remember that the photos of the Sears machine that slipped into the same thread here are of a much later lathe, besides being a 12".

Last edited:
OK. As I wrote earlier, the machine is a 10D, serial number 1225. It is important to remember that the photos of the Sears machine that slipped into the same thread here are of a much later lathe, besides being a 12".
I really appreciate your help.

I just purchased a atlas lathe not sure what I have as I am new to lathes. The serial # on bed is D1225. I would like to get a book on it so I can restore it.

Back