Atlas 7b Shaper Question

Bob---I have two Atlas 7b shapers that work fine, so I really can't give you much advice-----other than if you want one get it---It doesn't look like the prices for nice shapers are dropping---good quality machines are always in demand----Dave

You will find a lot of small projects that you can use the shaper to make. I have an atlas that is used occasionally that machines to a very good finish. It is enjoyable to set it up and just sit and listen to the sound of the machine making a cut. Good Luck on getting one

I too owned one about forty years ago. It is a nice little machine , the capabilities are small , works well to cut the v notches to make vise jaws , still using a set made on it. When I think of what I sold it for I could fry. Had the original leg set , the vise , a few cutter holders . I think Tom at cooks gave me ninety five dollars credit on other tooling. Now the tinker toys are bringing $700.00 and up. Saw them as high as $1,700 . No bank ever gave that much interest. When I bought it I paid $125.00 . I lost money all around on that thing. Dang DERN dummy. But back then I was just starting out two kids and making $5.00 an hour in a machine shop. Times have never really been good for me or my family. So if you buy it even if you don't like it keep it it can only go up in value. YUPP made good vise jaws. The teeth are still all pointy. And I've used it a ton.

Back