Atlas 618 - Gits Oil Cups Replaceable?

Probably McMaster Carr. You might try collapsing the existing one with a chisel used axially, a few blows with a good sized hammer will do the job.
McMaster Carr does indeed have them for unthreaded holes.

Reactions: JRT
Alright, got one. Still need to get the old one out and the new one in. I’m planing on a little wood block and dead low mallet to hammer it in. Advice anyone?

What I mean is to place the chisel in line with the axis of the Gits oiler and with the lower end of the chisel against the top of the casting and collapse the shell of the oiler inwards, then it can be easily removed from the casting.
I’m sorry, I’m really trying to understand… do you mean to put the chisel blade vertically against the Gits neck so that one corner of the “blade” is against the casting and the other end or corner of the blade is at the top of the Gits neck where the little lid should be? Basically in stead of using it horizontally with the cutting end parallel to the ground, rotate it 90° so the blade is vertical? Not sure what you mean by “axis” of Gits. Sorry for my confusion and appreciate it. -John

I would use a split type bearing puller and a slide hammer with a 2-jaw puller to grab that. And warm up the headstock and immediately before pulling, drop a small piece of ice into the cup.

Another source of the cups is still Clausing. May cost a little more but at least you won't have to worry about size. Just give whomever answers the phone the OEM part number.

Well, that's true. But Atlas didn't use them, at least not on the mill or the 6", 10" or 12" lathes.

The oilers are common stock items at a well stocked industrial supply.

Not a box store or retail store but one that supplies shops.

If you are not in an area that has these then ordering may be needed.

Lots of sources.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Anyone have any experience with replacing the Gits oil cups on the headstock? One of mine is missing the little lid and I'd like to fix it. I tried to gently pull it out with some pliers but it doesn't seem to budge. Thanks. -John
Probably threaded.

Back