Arrrrrgg!

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Ok, so I was bored and just cruising, and clicked on Matt's site to see if anything had changed of late. Yup...

No pics yet, but he is showing a spec sheet and pricing for a LARGE BORE (2") 14x40 Taiwan lathe. Single phase or three, D1-5, coolant, 12 speeds, yadda...yadda...yadda.

With lift gate service available!

I'm beginning to think Matt is doing this to me on purpose... :cautious: :D

Yeah I saw that. If it was available at the time I ordered the 1340 I probably would have considered it. A couple grand more though. Guess you could always sell your 1340 and upgrade! :)

Wait until the entire web site is re-done, we are working on that now! (Have been trying for years, but think its actually getting there now)

Cast Iron base is coming for the 1340GT Also, MADE IN USA. Well 99% sure on that anyway, but everything seems good to go as of right now.

Ooooh! I hope that means the first batch will be here soon??????

Ok, so I was bored and just cruising, and clicked on Matt's site to see if anything had changed of late. Yup...

No pics yet, but he is showing a spec sheet and pricing for a LARGE BORE (2") 14x40 Taiwan lathe. Single phase or three, D1-5, coolant, 12 speeds, yadda...yadda...yadda.

With lift gate service available!

I'm beginning to think Matt is doing this to me on purpose... :cautious: :D

Some times it feels like the world is against you Bill...LOL I get to vicariously through you, I can't wait to see the new machine:devil: you know you want it!

So I just went and looked and that is a sweet piece of equipment! That price seems like a very good value for a machine of that size, mmmmm, darn you Bill!

I was looking at the specs Matt sent me in late January and there are a few revisions to the current one. The spindle taper changed from 5MT to 6MT. The cross slide travel went from 7" to 7-1/2" and the machine weight went from 1650 lbs. to 1750 lbs. All good!

On the flip side the lead time went from 8-12 weeks to 12-14 weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that is for the second batch and mine will be here sooner.

Back