Are these calipers fake?

If the price is too low, suspect forgery .

At half the normal price, I would be suspicious
Oh, that's what I thought. But, how low is too low? There's another seller (MSC, I think) that has them for about $120 or so. I'm more curious about how to spot a fake.

Heck just look at the sellers feedback. He has horrible reviews. Even if they are real I wouldn't buy a thing from him.
I didn't even see that! Thanks! I don't think I've ever seen a rating that low! 37.5% positive. I'd be embarrassed to even stay on the site.

Ebay has a lot of motorcycle parts; I think (and others have learned the hard way) over half of it is fakes. As a result I spend my money elsewhere. Or, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

I would say fake. The pictures in the auction aren't even the same. For example, this one from the auction looks like a genuine mituyoto:

s-l1600.jpg

But this one from the same auction looks fake:

s-l160d0.jpg

Note the writing differences on the end of the rule, the internal packaging differences, the differences in the lock knob, the differences in the internal shapes in the plastic case, etc, etc..

Ebay scammers will often post genuine pictures of items with their fakes, but sell you end up getting a fake. Scummy, but it's what they do.

I'd pass.

Edit: holy moly! just noticed the feedback score of 37.5% positives. Comments like no communication, didn't send item, etc, etc. Don't walk away, RUN!!!!!

Last edited:
I liked the folowing feed back :)

I would not recommend doing business with this seller. no communication, no item, total rip off

and

item never shipped, no response!- item never shipped, no response!

Less of a bargain if they don't turn up :)

If you want a brand name for a reasonable amount of cash, I see that more and wright do a budget set. (I havent used them , milage may vary and all that :) )

https://digitalmicrometers.co.uk/moore-wright-mw110-15dbl-0-150mm-digital-caliper

Stu

how to spot a fake set and the differences on Mituytoyo calipers?
Thanks for posting this!
I just checked all 4 of my Mititoyo tools and they all appear to be authentic using the comparisons noted in that video.
I have 4" and a 6" calipers and 1" and 2" digital mic's.
Although the 6" caliper is an older piece, the first I had bought, the 4" is the newer style like the ones in his video.

Back