archie's shop

More pictures and descriptions...... I am sitting on the edge of my chair wanting to see more!!!

Nice shop.

Lornie

My latest addition. An Ironworker, I traded a surplus to me piece of equipment for this. I had to replace the control valve as someone apparently hit the old valve with a forklift pretty much destroyed it. I still have fix the pull off thingy I will take a couple of pictures when I get it done as I will have to fabricate some parts to get it working correctly. The bottom die I had a piece of and cut off a piece to use on this machine.

enjoy
archie

12-21-2014 001.jpg 12-21-2014 002.jpg

Quite the machine there! Could we get a closer view of the upper die areas? Looks like a punch section, then an angle iron section then the press brake.

the "twins" steinel

here is a picture of the "twins" boy and girl lol the horizontal has some issues and is partially apart and in the parts washer. the verticle one needs a little attention (oil leaks) but runs fine.

archie

the twins.JPG

Thank You

I am intrigued with the logan lathe and it's story That model is kinda rare me thinks, it is similar to the south bend 14 I have 14X40 Mine has a reevs drive (like a variable speed bridgeport)

archie

My Logan is a 1969 machine, and yes, it has the variable speed pulleys. What makes you think it is rare, I've seen several for sale on e-bay. It is a 6561H, it's time will come. It needs spindle bearings, motor, and an all around cleaning.

Back