Arbor Nut .. 1- 1/4 X 16 Tpi Left Hand

bosephus

Registered
Registered
Ok guys I am having yet another strike out with my surface grinder .

Either my Google foo is bad or I'm just an idiot .. lol

But really I need an arbor nut and an appropriate keyed washer .

Size is 1-1/4 x 16 tpi ..... ( one and one quarter inch )

Gaaa... this things driving me insane

Ok guys I am having yet another strike out with my surface grinder .

Either my Google foo is bad or I'm just an idiot .. lol

But really I need an arbor nut and an appropriate keyed washer .

Size is 1-1/4 x 16 tpi ..... ( one and one quarter inch )

Gaaa... this things driving me insane

Why don't you make one? Isn't that why we have all this machinery in our shops/garages?

Tom S.

Simple enough , my little go602 doesn't thread left hand . Or I'd have one made already .

Would you like to volunteer?

Bo, I just glanced at the manual on your machine, and I see that the spindle is reversible. This should make LH threading possible. You may have to cut on the far side of the hole, make and or use a upside down tool, or some other special setup to do it, but I think you can cut LH threads. Put your thinking cap on and dwell on it a bit.

I'm sure many here would be glad to help you out on making a nut, as long as you ship the mating part for them to gage with. If not for my inability to work in the shop yet (leg still broke.....5 weeks since surgery) I'd be happy to do it for you. No big deal, really.

tony

your correct about the spindle reversing , but unfortunately when in reverse the gear train goes into reverse as well .

ive been putting off making a reverse tumbler for the lathe for quite awhile now as i have been thinking about upgrading to a bigger lathe sometime this summer .
thats if i can talk myself into thinning my herd of rifles a bit to fund the purchase .

someone out there sells a darn arbor nut i know it ,... but who . ive looked at taps ,... the price gets scary quite fast once you get beyond the cheap Chinese imports

Dear god i spent two hours on msc and enco .

Problem solved ordered ... thank you thank you thsnk you thank you

They also had the keyed washer....you did see that too, right?

and you're most welcome!

You could always add another gear to the geartrain to reverse direction...and not change ratios.....I think...

Yes I did find the keyed washer . Just a few more days wait and I'll be grinding .. woo hooo.

Back