Apron filling w/coolant

Scott-ak

Registered
Registered
1440GT Apron fills with coolant :( Anyone else having this problem?

Attachments

• 20230106_160419_resized.jpg
    20230106_160419_resized.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 80
drained about 1/2 qt of coolant out of the apron today. Surprised that this is not more common. Turns out the top of the apron, under the cross side is wide open but I think some comes in thru the splines of the power feed lever. They act like a funnel that feed fluid directly into the apron.

Attachments

• 20230110_132148_resized.jpg
    20230110_132148_resized.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 66
Precision Matthews response "You could probably rig up some type of shield or gutter setup..."

There's a lot I'd like to say about this but I'll just say this is not the kind of service/support I expected for a product that cost 12 grand.

Precision Matthews response "You could probably rig up some type of shield or gutter setup..."

There's a lot I'd like to say about this but I'll just say this is not the kind of service/support I expected for a product that cost 12 grand.
Ummmm yeah. That is not a great response at all.

At least he didn't try to sell you a drain cock to drill, tap, and install in the bottom of the apron. Good on Matt for calling out the root cause.

51hFT75mH2L.jpg

@Scott-ak

Ugly! Were you using flood cooling?

Dave L.

I assume they watch this forum. Maybe they'll send a pattern for the recommended shield.

John

Back