Anyone tried this?

Here is one final drawing of the Graham Meek threading clutch he is designing for the Clausing Series 100 MKIII lathes. It is not final by any means but will give you peak at what is in side it.
I will most likely not be doing much posting for about the next 6 weeks, I am having Rotator Cuff surgery and will not have use of my right arm or hand as it requires total immobililty while it heals. So want be doing much on the Clutch. The spindle gear is on top, The gear train drive gear will be on the left. Clutch case will replace the reverser. The clutch will also reverse, the gear train so no need for the reverser.
Hope this comes out right I have never uploaded a PDF before.
Happy Machining
CH

Attachments

• Clausing Dog clutch shematic assembly (3).pdf
    12.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
H9i All
We got more accurate measurements and Gray sent me another veiw of the preliminary mockup with the measurements. This unit will replace the reverse tumbler and gears. The shaft going to the left will attach to to the trip rods which will be adjustable. for both forward and reverse. in the middle is neutral just like the reverser. The users of the will nee to build a retractable tool holder which really make this clutch work so wel for threading. Wednesday is my shoulder surgery and Gray is also having surgery next week, so we will be down for while.
Happy Machining
CH

Attachments

• Clausing Dog Clutch front elevation.pdf
    68 KB · Views: 56
Back