Anyone see any thing like these?

A steam valve as in a boiler system is what I was thinking. I have nothing to back that up, just a guess.

I am referring to steam valve used on steam pipelines to regulate the flow of steam to whatever use it is being put; throttling steam flow tends to cut the seats and/or the discs, so occasionally, they need to be reseated, the disc can be replaced if it is hard fiber or if stellite, it can be lapped or ground, the seat, however needs to be lapped in place, if stellite, if it is a bronze seat there are similar cutters for both angled and flat seats.

So a search on the bay turns up some kits that look Suprisingly like what I have. Interestingly, my father in laws dad started a plumbing business which he acquired and ran for many years. I even worked for him ( I was dating his daughter and he was desperate for help lol) but I have never seen these until I got his tool and die stuff.
Thank you guys, as always answers are found here.

I am referring to steam valve used on steam pipelines to regulate the flow of steam to whatever use it is being put; throttling steam flow tends to cut the seats and/or the discs, so occasionally, they need to be reseated, the disc can be replaced if it is hard fiber or if stellite, it can be lapped or ground, the seat, however needs to be lapped in place, if stellite, if it is a bronze seat there are similar cutters for both angled and flat seats.
Makes sense to me now. Thank you!

Back