Anyone see any thing like these?

murraym

Registered
Registered
I inherited some of my father in laws tools a number of years ago. I have no idea what these are for. He was a tool and die guy for his entire career. If anyone has an idea what these are for, I would appreciate the knowledge. Thank you.

Pics

Attachments

• 20210310_121156.jpg
    20210310_121156.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 126
  • 20210310_121146.jpg
    20210310_121146.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 122
  • 20210310_121136.jpg
    20210310_121136.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 125
I inherited some of my father in laws tools a number of years ago. I have no idea what these are for. He was a tool and die guy for his entire career. If anyone has an idea what these are for, I would appreciate the knowledge. Thank you.

Forgot to attach the picture(s)?

Wild guess.... some type of valve refacing tool, like maybe steam valves

For lapping in the bottom of a bore?

Valve reseating tools, I think, an end view would help in identifying.

Valve reseating tools, I think, an end view would help in identifying.
One of the pics has one end pointing directly at the camera. I figured that would be asked. I should have taken a better picture

Yes, now I see it; they look more like laps than cutters, maybe for reseating hard valve seats. I had some Lunkenheimer valves that had flat seats and discs made of stellite, which is not workable by steel cutting tools, only by carbide or perhaps diamond or grinding.

Yes, now I see it; they look more like laps than cutters, maybe for reseating hard valve seats. I had some Lunkenheimer valves that had flat seats and discs made of stellite, which is not workable by steel cutting tools, only by carbide or perhaps diamond or grinding.
Are you referring to valves like in an internal combustion engine or valves for like a plumbing application?

Back