Anyone install DRO scales?

Net30

Registered
Registered
Getting ready to order DRO scales for the 17x60 Osama sr and wondered if anyone else has installed one on a similar clone. Knowing Scale sizes, mounting pictures, placement, any issues that popped up sure may be helpful to me or anyone else looking to do the same.

Here's a picture of the lathe, because post without pictures suck1000045485.jpg

I've installed some recently, not too much of a challenge really. I can add pictures if you're interested.

Getting ready to order DRO scales for the 17x60 Osama sr and wondered if anyone else has installed one on a similar clone. Knowing Scale sizes, mounting pictures, placement, any issues that popped up sure may be helpful to me or anyone else looking to do the same.

Here's a picture of the lathe, because post without pictures suckView attachment 473865
To find out the travel you need, Just move the carriage all the way up to the headstock end as far as it will go, Then take a sharpie and mark the ways just in front of the saddle. Then traverse to the other end and make a mark in front of the saddle in the same place. This gives you your travel.

Do the same thing for your cross-slide etc.

The actual length of the scales is not the measurement you want because the scale has end caps etc. that make the scale longer than the actual travel you need, And also getting a scale based on your model, Such as a 1340 lets say, If you got a 40 inch scale it may not fit the area you need to mount it in and you won't have 40 inches of travel anyway.

Back