Anyone have experience with Pe-We tools?

acruxksa

Registered
Registered
Just asking because I have sent Peter about $1300 for a qctp and tooling and received one email over the past 35 days. Almost zero communication.

I purchased a size e qctp and several tool holders Oct. 13th. Shipping said 15 business days.....17 business days later I hadn't heard a word from him, so I sent an email asking the status of my order. The next day I receive an email claiming he had sent a question about my order on the 15th..(but no attempt to ship it at all, just a question about whether I wanted to add a $58 cutoff tool to my $1000 order to "save" $15 shipping)....I don't delete my spam because it's not necessary. I checked my spam folder and there was no such email......... Regardless, he's had my money for 5 weeks, barring any word from me about the additional tool, he should have shipped the order.
Anyway, he says I've purchased the best cutoff tool in the world, but it should be paired with a carbon insert cutoff tool rather than the hss tool I purchased......that's fine by me, but if I'm going to have to order additional tooling, I want to have a few more tool holders. I email telling him I want the insert cutoff blade with extra inserts and 3 more tool holders and ask how to pay for it........nothing........fine, I place an additional order on his website for the inserts and cutoff tool as well as 3 additional tool holders. My German sucks and I end up checking out with a bank transfer........not my first choice, but because I want the qctp and everything else and dont want to cause problems, I head to the bank first thing Monday morning and push through a wire transfer at far greater expense than the PayPal transaction would have been ;) ...............

Now 5 weeks and over $1300 in and I haven't heard a single word.

Just putting this out there. I really just want the qctp and tool holders, but am not really very happy with the lack of comms given the time Involved. I've got a lot of stuff to do and I'm handcuffed because I should have a multi fix enroute with several holders, but in the mean time I've already purchased and received a half dozen aloris style tool holders to get buy. (I've got a couple months off, but then I'm back to work and won't have more than a day or two T a time off until next fall)

I want the multi fix, but at some point It stops pencilling out. Time is my most valuable commodity and this transaction is starting to smell.

It's the best option for me and if it's going to take some time to get it, that's fine, but why not just tell me that at the onset??

FYI

I welcome any insight and or information and try do hope my order(s) are fulfilled.

Last edited:
I have bought multiple times from them. In one case a couple of things were accidentally left off the order he sent. He promptly refunded me.

Surprised he hasn’t responded but I am confident he will fulfill you order.

I've bought multiple posts and many holders from Peter. He has always been good ( within a few days ). I have had to wait for the next shipment most times. The shipments from China seem to be sold out almost as received so the wait is usually at least a month or more. The quality is good though. I also have some original Multifix and while nothing is better than the Minder original, the Pewe comes close for a lot less money.

Keep trying, I think he gets lots of emails. I don't send money until the box is ready to ship.

Dave

Ok,

I'll just keep waiting. :). Really no choice, I do want the multi fix system, just hate buying aloris holders to get buy. 2 was not enough, I now have 7 aloris holders :/ had to get everything up and running before begining the engine swap in my jeep.

Attachments

• PXL_20231118_073621568.jpg
    PXL_20231118_073621568.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20231118_073616659.jpg
    PXL_20231118_073616659.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 33
I wonder if it would be possible to send a text message in German to see if you get a response?

There is contact info on the website and you could use google to translate.

I wonder if it would be possible to send a text message in German to see if you get a response?

There is contact info on the website and you could use google to translate.

Probably, but given the previous responses, I'm comfortable just waiting for now.

Sadly, I'm not much of a multi tasker, I need to finish jobs before I move in to something else or it might take me months or years to get back to them. Truth is, the multi fix stuff will probably show up in a few weeks and sit in a box for a year because I've moved in to other projects. That and when I go back to work in March, I'll pretty much be done with major projects until October.

I e fixed the few issues with the new g0709, made a drawbar for an er40 collet and now begun my jeeps engine swap to a VW TDI.........lathe has seen all the attention it's going to get until I get the engine swap done.

Just asking because I have sent Peter about $1300 for a qctp and tooling and received one email over the past 35 days. Almost zero communication.

I purchased a size e qctp and several tool holders Oct. 13th. Shipping said 15 business days.....17 business days later I hadn't heard a word from him, so I sent an email asking the status of my order. The next day I receive an email claiming he had sent a question about my order on the 15th..(but no attempt to ship it at all, just a question about whether I wanted to add a $58 cutoff tool to my $1000 order to "save" $15 shipping)....I don't delete my spam because it's not necessary. I checked my spam folder and there was no such email......... Regardless, he's had my money for 5 weeks, barring any word from me about the additional tool, he should have shipped the order.
Anyway, he says I've purchased the best cutoff tool in the world, but it should be paired with a carbon insert cutoff tool rather than the hss tool I purchased......that's fine by me, but if I'm going to have to order additional tooling, I want to have a few more tool holders. I email telling him I want the insert cutoff blade with extra inserts and 3 more tool holders and ask how to pay for it........nothing........fine, I place an additional order on his website for the inserts and cutoff tool as well as 3 additional tool holders. My German sucks and I end up checking out with a bank transfer........not my first choice, but because I want the qctp and everything else and dont want to cause problems, I head to the bank first thing Monday morning and push through a wire transfer at far greater expense than the PayPal transaction would have been ;) ...............

Now 5 weeks and over $1300 in and I haven't heard a single word.

Just putting this out there. I really just want the qctp and tool holders, but am not really very happy with the lack of comms given the time Involved. I've got a lot of stuff to do and I'm handcuffed because I should have a multi fix enroute with several holders, but in the mean time I've already purchased and received a half dozen aloris style tool holders to get buy. (I've got a couple months off, but then I'm back to work and won't have more than a day or two T a time off until next fall)

I want the multi fix, but at some point It stops pencilling out. Time is my most valuable commodity and this transaction is starting to smell.

It's the best option for me and if it's going to take some time to get it, that's fine, but why not just tell me that at the onset??

FYI

I welcome any insight and or information and try do hope my order(s) are fulfilled.
I have purchased from Peter at PeWe, I would say that he is a good communicator, he certainly was with me and he does not need any help with English, he is close to writing English like a native.

I think that you will be happy when the tool post arrives, I will shortly order another tool post from PeWe, the product is good and the alternatives for that style of post are thin on the ground.

Hang in there.

That is strange. I bought a complete set from him, for my Logan lathe, and it was an excellent experience.

There was a lot of email exchanges just helping me determine the correct size of holder for my lathe. He was great sending information and letting me know when the package shipped…and even after receiving the package when I had a couple of follow up questions.

0a2e64ed-6dd4-43b1-ac7e-4a5929934146.jpeg
I wonder if you caught him during some vacation period…

I agree that it was strange, regardless, I received an email that the first portion of my order shipped today. E size tool post and 9 holders of various types. Have a second order of 3 more tool holders and a carbide insert cutoff tool that will eventually follow. In the end it will workout. As I said before though, the lathe is setup now and the multi fix swap has been moved to the back burner, far too much going on for me to wait around for 7-8weeks for the system.

I've been let down before with seemingly popular YouTube pushed items and have a healthy dose of skepticism these days. In this case it seems unfounded and I should have just been a bit more patient. My communication isn't great either. I buy something because I want it and just expect it to be sent. It's on me if I make a mistake in ordering and/or there are better options. I do understand Peters desire to make sure I get everything I need, just not the method used.

In this case I'm just guessing that they are super busy and inventory is flying off the shelves.

No worries, seems everything will work out fine. In the end, it appears it was my order of his proprietary cut off holder with hss blades and Peters desire to let me know id probably be happier with the carbide insert blade. He was trying to save me some shipping cost, but for me time was/is more important. Really no reason he should/would know that.

Last edited:
If I recalll right from when I did mine, I think at least part of the reason for breaking up the shipments was around the sale amount and how it is regulated on his side with not having to pay VAT or something like that. It was something to do with import or export fees and the value of each shipment.

Glad they are on their way.

Back