Anyone Have A Use For This

dlane

Active User
Registered
came from Craig's list 1-1/4 shank, dosn't quite fit my mill.

image.jpeg

I had previously acquired a 25mm, 6 flute end mill with some other stuff I purchased, but it was too large for my mill to use. It had a threaded end so I decided to make an adaptor so I could use it. Internally threaded a 25 mm socket to suit and then turned the shank down to 20mm - the largest size my ER32 collets can hold. It's a bit ungainly but seemed to cut fine and gave a good finish in aluminium in some tests I did as long as I kept the cut depth below 0.5mm.

Last edited:
I thought about turning the shank down to 7/8 somehow prob in the 4 jaw , I don't have a dead center for the spindle or a face plate ,lathe has a strange spindle taper 10L , is it doable ?.

My family used to have a Reed Prentice No. 5 jig mill that used to love tooling like that. Had several cutters like this one, Weldon Krest Cut design, we used to use for roughing out pockets, slots, etc. Sure miss that old mill.

I've got collets that fit.
Not an endmill I'd use everyday. But, very handy when you need it!
How much are you asking?

Daryl
MN

Just trade somebody for a couple smaller ones you will find more useful...

The CL sale I went to had prob 50 of these someone else bought them all along with at least 100 of 1.0 X 6" roughing end mills , I got a couple of those ,on top of blue cabinet
image.jpeg
He also bought aprox 10,000 carbide circuit board drills and all sorts of other stuff, he gave me the big endmill. Kinda wish I got his ph # , he said he visits machinist forums as a quest. Daryl I'll pm you.

will work for anyone who uses there lathe as a mill

I noticed its a "wavy" endmill. I see those advertised sometimes. What is the purpose of the Wavy flutes? In crease surface area like a corn cob end mill, but stronger?

Back