Anyone Good With Hundred Year Old Sliding Door Mechanism

After you undo the latch you might have to lift the door up to slide the wheels out of the slot they sit in I use the back side of a hacksaw blade to do this .
View attachment 126159
This is a picture of a new one yours might be different.

Do not unscrew the nut because that is how you adjust the door for plumb and level.
*G*

View attachment 126158
Thanks Gator,
Mine looks like the one on the pic below in francis I believe, thanks for the advice.
Om

View attachment 126161 Here's a couple different styles, both from doors about the same size and same vintage (circa 1914). Slightly different methods of securing to the door, but they both unhook wih a bit of fiddling.

-frank
Thanks for the pics Frank,
Looks more like the first, with a single wheel, but with that angled screw on the end.
This hardware looks to be bigger though.
raf

image.jpeg image.jpeg Here's what that one looks like in pieces. The smaller part with the loops attaches to the door (duh) all the screw does is adjust how close or far away the wheel is allowed to be. If the screw is drawn up tight the distance is short, so the door hangs high off the floor. Slack the screw out, the loop plate slides away from the wheel and the door eventually bottoms on the floor. Removing the screw entirely allows the pieces to separate, and the wheel will lift off the bar to one side. Indeed yours may be bigger, these wheels are about 3" or so diameter.

-frank

View attachment 126173 View attachment 126172 Here's what that one looks like in pieces. The smaller part with the loops attaches to the door (duh) all the screw does is adjust how close or far away the wheel is allowed to be. If the screw is drawn up tight the distance is short, so the door hangs high off the floor. Slack the screw out, the loop plate slides away from the wheel and the door eventually bottoms on the floor. Removing the screw entirely allows the pieces to separate, and the wheel will lift off the bar to one side. Indeed yours may be bigger, these wheels are about 3" or so diameter.

-frank
Thank you Francis,
This is really nice of you. I now know what is up above the door, and how to remove the door from the track.
Thank You
OM

Back