Anyone else use fluid film?

Thanks,
Sounds like Fluid-film is designed to stay in place so I won't be trying it for short term use as a protectant prior to any kind of painting.
I have been using a product from Amsoil called Heavy Duty Metal Protectant (aerosol). It dries to a wax type of consistency, a brownish film and works great on motorcycle chains because it does not attract dust and dirt as oils and greases do. It also works great on battery terminals or any bare metal surface. I just used it to lubricate the window and latch mechanisms in my Jeep TJ doors and of course sprayed some on the glass. It was a bugger to get off. Mild soap and water does not work, Purple Power was more effective and 2+2 Gum Cutter (a potent carb cleaner that makes shellac deposits from oil flow away) did the best but, it also attacks paint. I still have a couple spots on my side glass. I might do a comparison between the two products and post what I see, depends on the cost of getting Fluid-film.
Thanks to all that posted.

I actually like the smell of FF. Sprayed my snow plow with it and there is no rust on it.

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to the Amsoil site for Heavy-Duty Metal Protector:

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...nts/heavy-duty-metal-protector/?code=AMHSC-EA

I got excellent results using it on my DID chain with the gold color side links on my Triumph Speed Triple. I also purchased a wheel barrow (some assembly required type) three years ago and it has sat outside since. I sprayed the fasteners on it and so far, no rust. It is a great product.

I checked out the Fluid Film website and it seems like their product is very similar to Amsoil's.

Thanks everyone.

Back