Anybody playing Wordle?

Yes... my wife, the reading and english teacher managed to get our family hooked on it. All 4 of us (wifey, two daughters, and myself) work the puzzle every day and 'compete' to see who gets it in fewer tries.

My oldest daughter (the science and math teacher) comes out ahead more often than not...

I've solved all 23 that I've worked on, usually in 4 or 5 tries.

It's addicting...

-Bear

Yep, fortunately there is only one word per day, so we can still do other things. It's clever how you can brag or lament with others without giving the game away. So far, we've always gotten it, but it's been scary a couple times. Always a kick to crack it.

Yep, fortunately there is only one word per day, so we can still do other things. It's clever how you can brag or lament with others without giving the game away. So far, we've always gotten it, but it's been scary a couple times. Always a kick to crack it.
Ah yes but there is always Wordle archives.
You could play all day!!

I'm hooked.
My wife and I play every morning with coffee.
We are supposed to keep the brain engaged.
I taught my wife how to play chess. She beats me every game.

I guess one would have to say that you are a good teacher, Jeff ---

Yep, same here, every morning over coffee.
My wife competes daily with her parents and brother.

I have developed a strategy that very often reveals 3 or 4 of the 5 letters in two tries.
Who would have thought there can be strategies for "random" word games?

Brian

It's a super fun activity to start the day. My wife almost always comes up with the winner before I do.

Them's the perks of marrying up!

I haven't tried it but my wife used to play it. She had gotten the word a few times in the first try. She decided to give it up after twenty or so games. I should say that she is a Scrabble aficionado.

There is definitely luck involved in getting the word on the first try bur she has a strategy that helps ensure early success. It would be interesting to to write a computer program to play the game and see what the average number of guesses over the long haul.

Back