Anybody else on dialysis?

Rbeckett

Gold
Rest In Peace
Any other members suffering with Kidney Disease and going to dialysis. Just a quick shout out to any who are. That includes Hemodialysis, and Peritoneal dialysis at the clinic and at home. Would like to especially talk to anyone who has gone from Hemo to PDD. I would like to find out about access and needles. If I have to stick myself with a needle I am a dead man. I would have been a pretty sad junky huh? Oh well looking forward to any of you guys who are in the same boat as me, and feel comfortable discussing it...
Bob

While it's probably a poor comparison, I used to be an insulin dependant diabetic (at age 35) and had to stick myself with needles twice a day. As I know nothing about dialysis, and insulin needles are very small, I may be making a comparison between a brad and a 12 penny nail. However, I DID get used to it, although the first 50 times or so it was VERY hard to get up the nerve.

What's weird is an apparent miracle occurred and my pancreas started working again all of a sudden and the diabetes dissappeared. No one can figure out why inclusing a well known endocrinologist... 7 years later, still no diabetes.

In any case, best of luck to you!

John

John.
That certainly is a miracle. There is no possibilty for one like that for me since during the Aorta transplant they could not hook one kidney back up and the other clotted off. I go three days a week to the clinic and they siphon off the excess fluids and clean all the toxins out. It's kind of a drag sitting for 4 hours while all of that is going on, but there are worse alternatives. Glad to hear you are doing well and you don't have to poke a needle in. Have a great holiday season and a Merry Christmas.

Bob

Back