Any Insight Into This Machine?

Am thinking about going to take a look at it. Not much info on the listing. Would be for a minor resto project and resell. Had good luck doing same with a 3 in 1 and 12 x 36 in the past.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-inch-craftsman-metal-lathe-/161417341067?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Anyone familiar with it, pros and cons?

Steve in Central TX

Was unable to make contact with seller to set up a time to check out machine. Seems to have been owned by an uncle in Houston. Anyways, sold lat night for $898, multiple bidders. More than I wanted to pay anyway. Thanks for all the info, guys!

Steve,
Was watching that auction. Sorry you weren't able to get that little lathe. Looked like it needed a little TLC. I see lathes here in Houston for sale from time to time. I'll let everyone know when I find something of interest.
Barry

Steve,

Assuming it wasn't totally trashed out (and it didn't appear to be but the seller's photo ability was terrible), someone probably got a good machine at an excellent price if it's a keeper and not a flipper. The seller could have spent 10 minutes and made it look 10 times better.

Robert D.

Back