Any AR-15 "scratch" builders here?

Re: Any AR-15 "scratch" builders here?

Yeah, that's why I want to grab a complete rifle and use it for parts. It wouldn't take long to reach the price of the gun buying individual parts. I learned that the hard way when I built my .45

Tom

I just got a Tactical Machining 80% jig and a 80% lower - not sure what parts or upper I am going to use on it, but am leaning towards a 7.62 x 39 upper to compliment my AK stuff...

I have built three AR's to date, but only from a stripped lower and with pre-built uppers.

Going to strike out and do the entire rifle this time from soup to nuts.

FM, be fore warned, the 7.62x39 in an AR platform takes a bit of trial and error to make it function.
It wont be like slapping together a 5.56 gun.
YMMV FYI etc.etc.

FM, be fore warned, the 7.62x39 in an AR platform takes a bit of trial and error to make it function.
It wont be like slapping together a 5.56 gun.
YMMV FYI etc.etc.

Never been known to shy from a challenge!

I already have an A2, an M4 and a 7.5" pistol AR - so I need to come up with something different. If I ever stray into a VA county where I can use a rifle for my deer obsession, it would be a great platform for knocking down our smallish whitetails here.

If I can cobble an AK together from flat metal and de-milled kits, I am pretty certain I can get this running (I think!).

Ok, I didn't realize you knew what you were up against.:D
They say gas is the key. I havent built one, but they tell me an adj gas block helps a lot. Theyre subject to over gassing (unless you drill your own barrels that is):)

Back