Anschutz Model 1903 Target W/Weaver T36 scope -Gunbroker Questions

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hey all,
I'm trying to sell my 2017 Anschutz Model 1903 Target rifle. It has less than 30 rounds through the bore. I'll post some pics.
This has the Match 64 Receiver.
New these run between $1,595 and $1,700.
I placed an add in Gunbroker last week. I received 6 bids with a high of $955. (I did not sell it) -Not including the scope.
The T-36 Weaver scope is a favorite for this type of benchrest single shot rifle. They run around $700.

My questions,
Do you think the market is very small for this type of rifle?
What would you consider to be a fair price for this new/used rifle?
How would you go about selling it?

I have no experience with selling online.

Thanks for your ideas. I appreciate the input.
Jeff

Attachments

• 1903 1.jpg
    1903 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 1903 2.jpg
    1903 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • 1903 3.jpg
    1903 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 1903 4.jpg
    1903 4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 1903 5.jpg
    1903 5.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 15
  • 1903 6.jpg
    1903 6.jpg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1903 7.jpg
    1903 7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 1903 8.jpg
    1903 8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 1903 9.jpg
    1903 9.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 1903 10.jpg
    1903 10.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 1903 11.jpg
    1903 11.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 1903 12.jpg
    1903 12.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I will try to help a bit. I shoot Rimfire Benchrest competitively so I am pretty well versed on things in this realm.

Easiest thing first. The Weaver T36 is the newer version, but it is still considered a "lower cost" scope for BR. I would value that scope right now at probably $450. The older versions were discontinued a little over a year go and they go for about $350. Nice scopes, but not going to bring a premium.

As to the rifle, I would value it at approx $1000. Did you buy the gun new? I am not an Anschutz expert, but any 1907 I am familiar with is based on the 54 action. I am wondering if the barrel was replaced on this. It's certainly possible I suppose there was a 64 action with that barrel, but typically 64 actions are a different number like 1400.

If I was selling this gun, I would probably ask $1500, and consider going as low as $1350. You could try posting it on Rimfire Central. It's a good place to ask questions on the model as well to be sure. There are people who know way more about variations on the models on RFC than I am aware of. I am mostly into custom actions for what I do.

I would suggest using the classifieds at accurateshooter.com. They are where target rifles go to get a lot closer to the asking price, and move quickly. Last time I sold rifles there, I had three buyers lined up and ready to fight by the end of the first day. The buyer I sold to came up from California and left with three of my rifles, paying cash. It's still a small site with no riff-raff, so check it out.

I will try to help a bit. I shoot Rimfire Benchrest competitively so I am pretty well versed on things in this realm.

Easiest thing first. The Weaver T36 is the newer version, but it is still considered a "lower cost" scope for BR. I would value that scope right now at probably $450. The older versions were discontinued a little over a year go and they go for about $350. Nice scopes, but not going to bring a premium.

As to the rifle, I would value it at approx $1000. Did you buy the gun new? I am not an Anschutz expert, but any 1907 I am familiar with is based on the 54 action. I am wondering if the barrel was replaced on this. It's certainly possible I suppose there was a 64 action with that barrel, but typically 64 actions are a different number like 1400.

If I was selling this gun, I would probably ask $1500, and consider going as low as $1350. You could try posting it on Rimfire Central. It's a good place to ask questions on the model as well to be sure. There are people who know way more about variations on the models on RFC than I am aware of. I am mostly into custom actions for what I do.
I bought this rifle new in 2017 from a factory authorized retailer.
The 54 receiver is the coveted one. They bring more money. This is a very heavy and stable bench rest rifle. needless to say, it's a tack driver but so are my CZ 452's and 3's. As well as my Savage 93BTVS for much less money.

Thanks for the information. I was thinking the $1,300 range also. for the rifle only.
I'll take $450 for the scope.

I would suggest using the classifieds at accurateshooter.com. They are where target rifles go to get a lot closer to the asking price, and move quickly. Last time I sold rifles there, I had three buyers lined up and ready to fight by the end of the first day. The buyer I sold to came up from California and left with three of my rifles, paying cash. It's still a small site with no riff-raff, so check it out.
I took your advise, I'm going to list it on their classified section in the forum. I'm waiting to be approved by the staff.
After snooping around a bit in the forum, I think it's a winner.
Thanks,
Jeff

I would suggest using the classifieds at accurateshooter.com.
Well shoot,
Being a rookie forum member I can't post to the classifieds for 30 days.
Oh well, It's not like I'm in a hurry. When I sell it, I'll have cash to buy my remote start switch for my American Rotary phase converter.
It's funny, I always want something to support this wonderful hobby. $$$$$$$$$

You are the one to ask,
I also have a CZ 452 Ultra Lux. It has the 28" barrel.
I was shooting at my local club, we had a competition going over a series of Saturdays. My old Winchester 77 firing pin broke.
One of the older guys said I could borrow his CZ, it was in his truck. This way I could finish up that days competition.
Well, needless to say, I fell in love, it was a tack driver plus he had a Leopold on it.
I began the search for it, found one, bought it, then we had the fire.
The only reason I didn't lose it was because it wasn't in the house.
Finally,
My question, have you any experience with this?
I'm thinking of cutting the barrel. This length is more for bench rest.
What do you think?

I shoot small bore competitively. $1300 for the rifle is a good price. If it was here in the U K I would buy it

Back