Another What Is It

Dave ,I was going to modify it with thrust bearings with 5/8" id. I found a live center to make the live tailstock chuck out of , it's posted in machine accessories
I don't plan on useing the procunier as I don't have the tooling to make it work as intended, some day I'll make somthing else out of it
Thanks to all for the info.

Here are the pics of the Scully Jones tooling I have:

View attachment 120689 View attachment 120690 View attachment 120691

The idea is that you can have the chuck in the spindle, and the tool in the holder, the holder is tapped into the lower barrel, and then you can change tools very quickly by twisting and pulling up the locking ring and exchanging the lower portion for a different one, a tap for instance, or a drill, or a MT drill, or whatever, quickly and without needing to break the Morse Tapers. There are holders with square holes for taps as well. The only downside of the tooling is that it uses up a fair amount of headroom. You definitely want a floor drill press or a mill with headroom for using these. They are very high quality, solidly built industrial tools, typically used in a production environment. The ones in the pics I posted have a 4 MT for the spindle connection and 2 MT and 3 MT sockets for the tools. I sold Mike Walton (Ulma Doctor) a similar set with #2 and 3 MT both top and bottom, two chucks and several sockets in the set.
hi bob. like the set up for taping with d.p. I have a w t with # 2 mt off the top of your head the cost with a mt to hold the bits say #2 same as the d.p. thanks hope this is in the rite dept. gotogojo

Back