Another use for golf balls..

Dan

Active User
Registered
When the knobs break on your drill press...

100_0322.JPG 100_0308.JPG 100_0305.JPG 100_0306.JPG 100_0311.JPG 100_0312.JPG 100_0314.JPG 100_0320.JPG

nice! this would work good on some of my old garden tractors.

There actually more comfortable than my original knobs.

Yup, it's cool but I wouldn't want to try it on the older golf balls that are wound stranded rubber inside. :lmao:

"Billy G"

Yup, it's cool but I wouldn't want to try it on the older golf balls that are wound stranded rubber inside. :lmao:

"Billy G"
thats what i'm thinkin..lol

i'm still ****** at my cousin. 45 years ago... he had a handball and a cut open tennis ball..he told me the handball is inside of tennis balls...so being 7 years old i go home and try to slice one open...instead i cut 1/2 way through my finger..the only thing stopping the blade was the bone...needless to say he lied...:angry:

still have the scar too.

The nice thing about using the fluorescent golf balls for that mod is if the drill press ever ends up in the rough, it'll be easy to find! :))

Nice job!

I'm really amazed that you can thread the guts of a golfball. The last time that I cut one open, there was a liquid filled central ball and the rest of the guts consisted of basically a very long skinny rubber band. But that was some 60 years or so ago.. You CAN teach an old dog new stuff after all! Love the color!

Chuck the Grumpy One

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really amazed that you can thread the guts of a golfball. The last time that I cut one open, there was a liquid filled central ball and the rest of the guts consisted of basically a very long skinny rubber band. But that was some 60 years or so ago.. You CAN teach an old dog new stuff after all! Love the color!

Chuck the Grumpy One

You will notice that it says I edited your post. I did not. Somehow this post ended up there and I then deleted it. Your post is in tact. Sorry about the mistake.

What I said there was that the new golf balls are solid. I remember the liquid filled ones.

"Billy G"

Dan,

I love the golf ball idea. My backyard is up against a golf course and when it rains, zillions of golf balls get washed through my yard. I stopped collecting them years ago... Anyhow, I just might need to make me some of those handles...

Ray

PS: Regarding Bill's accidental edit of your post... Just so you guys know, moderators have an edit button in case we need to take quick action about a fight, rant or something illegal... The Edit button is right next to the reply button and it's easy to press the wrong one...

Back