Another thread on a new mill purchase

Well, Evan, I have not had a chance to use the interface yet. Per the manual it does all I want it to and way more, though no experience with it at all yet. Plenty of bells and whistles.

The downsides I have seen so far are:
1. While the user manual appears useful, there is no installation manual included at all. The site states that an installation video is available on request. I do not think I need it, so far. YMMV.
2. The brackets and other hardware supplied are minimal, and will no doubt need to be supplemented to complete the installation. That was no surprise, every installation is different. I will need to come up with some additional stuff for brackets and so forth.

That is all I have found so far that might be described as wanting, but I have not drilled any holes yet, and am not even close to cutting metal with it. The display and the scales work, the readout is bright and easy to read, and that is all I really know for sure so far.
Bob,
Thanks. We can chat more about it next Saturday :)
Evan

I just got my system about a week ago, now putting together the plan for installing it. It is a Chinese Siton three axis DRO with glass scales, and that price includes the shipping via UPS. Paid for by PayPal. No worries at all about the order, came as scheduled and the boxes were pristine on arrival. Might as well had come from a USA seller, seamless. If you do some studying, you will find that glass scales have higher resolution (.0002" standard, .00004" for $18 per scale more) than the AccuRemote and iGaging types. The cables are metal clad, the connectors are metal and screwed to the scales and readout, and there is no inaccuracy accumulation with length of travel. The kit comes with the installation hardware and protective covers for the scales. The scales are custom made for each order, in any specified length up to 3000 mm, in 1 mm increments. You get the exact length you want. Slim scales may be substituted for any and/or all axes for the same price. There are other options as well:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/fre...dout-with-3-pcs-linear-scales/1524501216.html the current price is $234.60 delivered. I got mine on sale.
The seller, Wilson, has a good command of English and is helpful. The manual is in readable English. Three (four?) friends all ordered these (separately) at the same time, without any issues.
DROPros will sell you similar Chinese stuff for a lot more money, it will ship from Vacaville, California, and they will hold your hand and answer the phone in English and help you. Study, compare, and make your own decisions...

Awesome review Bob. Thank you for the info. That looks like a really nice setup.

^^^Wait....You guys are getting together without me?^^

PM me if you can make it to Sunny California in that nice bizjet on the 16th... :encourage:
...and if that's your high-speed cigar tube 7miles you need to be shooting much higher for your mill and DRO purchase;)

PM me if you can make it to Sunny California in that nice bizjet on the 16th... :encourage:

...and if that's your high-speed cigar tube 7miles you need to be shooting much higher for your mill and DRO purchase;)

Well guys, I would love to come out there but not gonna happen, although I have spent a lot of time in California. That high speed cigar tube is what I flew for 15 years until I retired. Yeah.....if I owned that bird, we wouldn't be talking about overseas anything! LOL

I just bought a lathe and DRO from DRO PROS with a very good discount on the EL400 Absolute. We'll see how it goes after I receive the lathe and get everything set up. So far they have been a pleasure to deal with.

Well guys. I did it. I have a new PM-833T ordered and should be on its way in a couple/few days. Greg at PM says they are backed up a little, which doesn't bother me at all because I need to be working on a stand for it. I plan on making a stand out of tubing with an integrated storage solution built into it. Don't have the details of that worked out in my head yet.

WoooHooo!!

Congrats! Those look like great machines! I want one when I grow up. :)

I wonder if we should make a support group thread for people waiting for machines. :)

I wonder if we should make a support group thread for people waiting for machines. :)
"Hi, my name is Evan. I've been wanting an 833T for 4 months..."
;)

Back