another QCTP question

scruffyone

Registered
Registered
Hi All I h have a Chinese AXA tool post on an old 9x36 Taiwanese lathe after about 5 years it is badly worn
can someone list me options by quality and price but keep in mind that an Aloris is out of the question (NZ $575.00)
Thanks
Jeff

I have a bostar like that. Works fine. Everything else will be a problem before that

Thanks for the replies the one I have now came from CDCO also got a 5C chuck from him that was crap, have sent an email to Enco but I think they will not ship outside of the US but there price seems reasonable, need to sort this soon
Thanks

I am also a big fan of the Phase II QCTP's they are less expensive and hold up really well over the years.

Bob

Thanks outside of ENCO what other dealers are selling PhaseII there is not a lot showing on Ebay at the moment
Jeff

Travers.com. Not sure if they do not ship internationally but the do have a location in France.

The bostar is good after an inspection/cleaning. I would recommend a tiny dab of blue locktight on the piece under the nut that tightens the tool post (not holder) down. It likes to spin with the holder clamping ring when I tighten it, or loosen the nut and turn the post. My Tormach oxa set does the same. I would pay the $40 more dollars enco is asking for the phase II if I had it to do again, but I honestly don't know that it's any better. Good luck on the shipping thing, I hope you get to take advantage of the enco sale price. Edit, I would get the wedge type, and make sure it's not one of the aluminum jobbies. I don't think you should be able to sell an Al toolpost, my 2 cents.

Back