Another electronics surplus shop going out of business - some stuff on clearance

Reddinr

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I just placed what will be my last order to All Electronics. They have been a great provider of inexpensive electronics do-dads over the decades which I've been involved in developing and making electronics.

They are having a going out of business clearance sale and I think they will be closing by the end of August. Just a heads up for anyone that is looking for some deals of stuff like this. (Only some stuff on clearance for some reason.) I'm not affiliated with them, just a happy customer.

Specifically, I bought a few of these and they are great (big) and bright sources at a super price, if you have/make the right DC power supply to power them.
Oh, the things I can make... Light table, macro photography light, machine lighting...

1692655759323.png

I haven't bought from them in years, but hate to see them go. I hope the owner is just retiring after making a bundle rather than being forced out of business by market conditions.

GsT

Not yet. I just received the LED panels and turned them on to test that they operated. They all worked and were very bright.

For what you have in mind, if you used these LEDs, you would likely have to space them back from the top glass and have plenty of light diffusion between the LEDs and the glass. They are ~1100 little point sources of light so the diffusion would be needed.

I plan to make a light box from some of them with a panel on 5 sides of a cube. I'll need diffusion for that too.

Fair Radio Sales is has also announced they are closing

I am sorry to see All Electronics close, I bought a lot of parts from them over the years and once visited their store in California.
Here are some links to similar surplus dealers:

I am sorry to see All Electronics close, I bought a lot of parts from them over the years and once visited their store in California.
Here are some links to similar surplus dealers:
Surplus Sales is where I found resistors to fit my motor-generator 10EE. But how much market is there for these retailers?

Back