1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

And yet another Grizzly G0704

Discussion in 'GRIZZLY INDUSTRIAL INC.' started by Orangecrush, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Orangecrush

Orangecrush United States Active Member Active Member

City:
    Haslet
    State:
    Texas

-Return to Top-

Hello good members,

I have already posted about my Atlas horizontal milling machine and Craftsman lathe. So I thought I would show you my Grizzly G0704 vertical milling machine.

A little background information first, I found this mill on Craigslist like just about everything else I buy for my shop. The person who listed it was going to make it a CNC but end up having a kid during that time. So he put it on the back burner until another time I guess. When I got there to take a look at it, it looked llike it had barely been used. So I bought it and set it up in my shop. 0327172254.jpg 0330170301.jpg 0521170104a.jpg 0425170337.jpg

2. BFHammer

BFHammer United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Chattanooga
    State:
    Tennessee

-Return to Top-

Congrats! You got a nice vise with it too! I have the 5 inch GMT and love it.

3. Orangecrush

City:
    Haslet
    State:
    Texas

-Return to Top-

Hello BFHammer,

Yes, I really like the vise. The guy who I bought the mill from was going to make it a CNC. So he bought the vise, ballscrews, stepper motors and a bunch of other stuff for it. When I got there to take a look at the mill, it looked like it had never been used. It was just sitting there collecting dust!!!

Here is a couple of pictures of the mill and some of the stuff that came with it.

00000_5TSFtVYrUbq_1200x900.jpg 00G0G_bhtqDHnztny_1200x900.jpg

hman and RandyM like this.
  4. BFHammer

BFHammer United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Chattanooga
    State:
    Tennessee

-Return to Top-

That's great - looks like you've got most everything to need to get started. And you will find that anything you don't have - the friendly folks here are always happy to encourage you to spend some more!

Do you have a first project picked out? If you do you'll have to be sure to share.

You also might want to share what you paid for that set up - I have a sneaking suspicion that you might have gotten a deal that would put you into :congrats::you suck:territory!

Happy milling!

5. Silverbullet

Silverbullet Active Member Active Member

City:
    Marlton
    State:
    New Jersey

-Return to Top-

Nice set up for a starter mill. Good luck

6. Orangecrush

City:
    Haslet
    State:
    Texas

-Return to Top-

Thank you BFHammer and SilverBullet,

Yeah, I got a pretty good deal on the mill. Let's just say I got everything you see in the pictures plus more for less than $900. There is a lot more stuff I didn't take pictures of. The guy who I bought the mill from had the ballscrews and stepper motors to make it a CNC. But he wanted more for those items then what I paid for the mill. So I passed on them.

As far as what I plan on making with the mill. I have already made quite a few things for some of my friends who have SxS's. One of which you can see in the above picture (the 2 aluminum parts). And I have made some replacements parts for my Atlas horizontal mill.

Thanks again,

Orangecrush

tweinke likes this.