An odd bed for milling

Lex_Peacekeeper

Registered
Registered
I've been restoring a unitmat db200 lathe/modular tool and have come to a point that to do some of the projects I need to be able to drill with the material being stable
what I am wondering is, if there is a little raising mill bed out there that could be mounted via a T-slot would need to be pretty thin in the fully down point
if not I am likely picking up a drill press, this is one of those things where I have no clue if its a thing, and trying to search for it keeps bringing up raised garden beds
so any help would be usefull

The cross slide of your lathe have got a mini bed with one T slot. Are you looking for a bigger one to mount on top of that ?

1649596662708.png

Try searching for “Unimat milling attachment”, maybe that will be what you’re looking for.

Do you have the vertical milling column and the feed lever for your DB? Those two items will convert the machine to a simple mill/drill press.
-Mark

I guess my wording was not the best, looking for a little bed (about the same size as the add on bed) but it acts like a scissor lift and can go up a little giving some Z control, the idea is to mount some work material on the bed and using the new new Z control and the Y control the carriage already has be able to line up the middle of the material for longer drilling as I stated this might be a stupid idea but if its out there would be less big things to have in my little shop space

The challenge you will have is rigidity. Something like this might work for your needs.

The challenge you will have is rigidity. Something like this might work for your needs.

that looks great, trying to figure out how to mount in on the carriage but thats like perfect, better then my thought of a scissor lift bed would be more rigid, maybe get a basic mill bed for the unimat and then mount it on that over the side so it can go lower

Back