Aloris Keeps Sending Me Scuffed Tool Holders

I think many companies consider the web, ebay and paypal to be "secondary channels", their distribution networks are the primary channels. In some cases they are selling seconds rather than prime quality through these channels. So buying through their regular distribution channels is often what companies prefer, and how their business is designed to operate. The internet may be a second rate outlet for them.

I sell and ship things through PayPal. The problem is, when the customer raises a dispute through PayPal, I can no longer ship them anything via PayPal - the options are locked out. The only option is to refund the order, and much of the time that's not very helpful. If the customer releases the dispute so that I can ship the product they cannot file another dispute on that transaction later if it doesn't get resolved.

So the PayPal dispute option is best as a last resort, when communications with the vendor has already reached impasse or failure.

Did you get a good holder from Aloris?

Did you get a good holder from Aloris?

The third one was fine. I should have posted that here earlier.

I still love Aloris. I placed an order with them today.

The bottom of our holders will never be perfect when black finished. If you would like to know the procedure you can contact our production manager.

I Love Aloris even more now! I can't wait to get another one......

That's not scuffing or shipping damage, that's poor anodizing. I would get your credit card company involved if the factory is stubborn
-Mark

That's not anodizing. That's a black oxide finish.

wow, I probably would never have even noticed. I am mostly a Function over Form type of guy though and would only care if it worked the way it should.
I live the machining life every day. These are tools that in designed use will likely be stripped clean of the finish by chips in the first year or so.
As far as rust in the designed environment they have coolant residue on them (almost everything does) and shouldn't rust.
Water or an incorrect coolant/water ratio will lead to rust.
That being said You have a right to complain about the finish on a brand new product and the manufacture should make it right.
In industry no one would care about that finish, they would just botch about it!

More like "Aloris has a reputation to milk all the way to the bank until it's gone."

Too many short-sighted MBAs are running companies that used to be run by toolmakers, engineers, or other people who took pride in their products. Now it's all about the quarterly profit report. Got a reputation for top quality? That's an asset to be exploited. Make cheap ****, sell it at inflated prices to people who still believe the reputation. If the reputation is gone in 10 years, who cares. Shut it down and go buy another company and do the same thing.
AMEN, I see this and have experienced it first hand.
You know what the one told me? Well, there is a learning curve and your bound to make some mistakes!
Found out he had already run a profitable business in to the ground.....he succeeded in running the one I worked at into bankruptcy

Back