Advise on This Rotary Table

amsoilman

Amsoilman
Registered
A friend who has a shop offered me this for 200.00
NIKKEN rotary table or super spacer, I don't know.

About 7" tall overall, 8" diameter, 2-3/8 bore

There is no crank, just 2 levers. One appears to be a lock and the other is spring loaded. No index plates Is this the way it came? Or is it missing parts?

It is a horizontal/vertical unit

image (4).jpeg image (5).jpeg image (7).jpeg

Last edited:
That is a super spacer & it would have had masking plates. I'm not familiar with the brand but if it's China & is missing all the masking plates I personally would pass. Not that I wouldn't buy a China SS, my SS is China (same as Phase II). But if it is a quality unit & you would be able to get the masking plates for not a whole lot then it may not be a bad deal. Just make sure your mill can handle it. Those 8" SSs (if that's the chuck size) are pretty big & heavy, I don't even like moving my 6.5" SS around a lot.

From what I found out NIKKEN is Japan. Did these have wheels/knobs to turn them? Ya it is heavy.

As said, it’s a super spacer and I believe made Japan. I would check the chuck for accuracy. Not sure if you can easily change/fix it if it has unwanted run out? The masking plates can be an issue, but it can still be used and indexed just not as fast with the masking plates. I have a Hartford super spacer sitting on the floor (next to a 12” rotary table!). And it’s been there since day one! The thing is just too darn heavy to deal with it. And I do a lot of intricate HM work. I just don’t see using it? Then why do I have it? I have that tool aholic disease. I think this beast is better suited for putting a hex on a bolt or something like that…Good Luck

Last edited:
OK thanks for the advise. I suffer from the same addiction, among others.

The ones with a hand wheel that can be used as a super spacer & a rotary table are called super indexers or super rotary indexers. I use my super spacer quite often & was concerned about the weight. The smallest affordable one I could find was a 6" but is actually 6.5". I believe Bison makes a 5" ibut is pretty expensive. The super indexers are even heavier & a bit to big for my mill so I decided to just go with a SS & seperate RT.

Ah Lyndex-Nikken, now that's a name I know but just didn't click for some reason. I've had & have some Lyndex stuff, they both are excellent quality.

Just brought it home and cleaned it up a bit. Has one index plate 20 spaces. Now to find some more plates. Thanks for all the replies.

Back