Adding pulse to existing TIG welder

Investigator

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm 54, I learned to weld in high school. I worked for about a year right out of high school as TIG weldor making stainless cafeteria supplies, tables, and equipment. A few years out of high school, when I got to the point I could afford it, I bought a used Miller Econo TIG welder that will also do stick welding. I've had it since the mid 90's or so and I use it at least a couple times a month. I say all that to sort of give a baseline for my experience.

Having said that I want to know about adding a pulse module to my welder. To those that have a pulse capable welder, what am I missing? I have some retirement projects coming up that involve stainless and titanium tubing. They will be in the .050-.070" thickness range. I've welded a view like this with my welder, but I keep hearing that pulse makes the thin stuff so much easier.

I have found a company that makes an add on unit that will specifically fit my Econo TIG: Jattus

This would be much cheaper than buying another quality welder. I'm looking for folks with experience using pulse welding, and or anyone with experience with this unit.

Looks interesting- cheaper than buying another welder that's for sure

I watched a recent YouTube video about welding. It was enlightening! I would say a must watch.

Pierre

When I first got my Everlast TIG STICK welder, I experimented with the pulse feature on aluminum and liked it.
I havn't used it since but expect I will use it again eventually. I think it's great on a TIG machine.

When I first got my Everlast TIG STICK welder, I experimented with the pulse feature on aluminum and liked it.
I havn't used it since but expect I will use it again eventually. I think it's great on a TIG machine.
I have an Everlast also and like the pulse feature.

Wondering if this would work with older non-inverter style machines? Might have to give them a call. Mike

Wondering if this would work with older non-inverter style machines? Might have to give them a call. Mike

Mine is an older type unit with a transformer, big heavy thing. Looks like from the website it's made for specific models and i guess they might not interchange controls.

They do show a breakout boards/cable kit.

Universal Adapter Breakout Boards & Cables For TIG Perfect Pulser
$19.95

You can use these cables and breakout boards to adapt the TIG Perfect pulser up to a machine that we don’t offer plug & play cables for.

Cable Length: 3.0 feet

Pretty clever idea to breathe new life into an older welder. Looks like it basically "pumps the pedal" via electronics. Made in the USA, which is shocking and refreshing to see. My welder will pulse on DC, but not AC. I like the puled DC for doing stainless exhaust.

Pulse is great. My welder does that from factory but I prefer to pulse it myself with the pedal or the TIG button because it adapts better to the momentary needs of the puddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back