Adcock-shipley 1es-j

rhynardt

Registered
Registered
Im looking for some info on the Adcock-Shipley 1ES-J horisontal mill. Apart from what is on lathes.co.uk. Does anybody have one of these, anything i must watch out for? I will be trading in my Tom Senior M1 mill for it. I will keep the Maho 600 vertical head and plan to mount it on the Adcock on the overhead arm. Any experiences on this?

Regards

I have the same machine. Although I restored it and fitted it with a v.s.d I have never used it. The gearbox with it,s rapid feed etc gave me a tough time to get right. Make sure you get the gears for the different feeds. I have them and so could help out with dimensions if need be. cheers

charles

Hi Charles
I finally got the machines home. Got 2 of them on the deal and a heap of spares. On the 1 machine i have a whole bunch of gears and will check which i have and revert back to you to see if im missing any.
Unfortunately i do not have a manual, and it seems that they are unobtainable by my means. Do you have any documentation on these machines you would be willing to share with me?

Regards

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk

Back