Adapter Plate to Chuck Question

Jim Dawson, and all. Thanks so much for the help (and for your concern about my mental health lol) Jim, when I read your last reply, it was like you turned on a light bulb in my head! I see now that once I "take a cut" on the backplate register, so that it will fit on the spindle register, even if it is not absolutely perfect, once I turn it around and mount it correctly on the spindle, all the machining I do to the face for fitting the chuck, will be perfectly true and concentric (are those the correct words?) to the REGISTER an hence to the SPINDLE!!! Learned one more step in my looooong journey to becoming a hobby-machinist. Thank you all, for the good nights sleep I'll get tonight ! JR49

Jim Dawson, and all. Thanks so much for the help (and for your concern about my mental health lol) Jim, when I read your last reply, it was like you turned on a light bulb in my head! I see now that once I "take a cut" on the backplate register, so that it will fit on the spindle register, even if it is not absolutely perfect, once I turn it around and mount it correctly on the spindle, all the machining I do to the face for fitting the chuck, will be perfectly true and concentric (are those the correct words?) to the REGISTER an hence to the SPINDLE!!! Learned one more step in my looooong journey to becoming a hobby-machinist. Thank you all, for the good nights sleep I'll get tonight ! JR49

Sometimes it takes a little time to adsorb something new. I'm always happy to help where I can. 'True and Concentric' are the correct words.

Happy the hear you are going to sleep well tonight. Best of luck to you.

Back