Acurized my cut off saw

wpala

Active User
Registered
Hi
So I bought this "el cheepo" Busy Bee small 4x6 vertical & horizontal saw same as HF and other cheep saws out there and first thing as most folks notice is that this thing is horrible to cut any small peaces so I change the sliding jaw completely made it larger and longer and extended it towards the blade added sliding rod that is adjustable to the size of the material, also change the non movable jaw with the angle aluminum and also extended it closer to the blade so it would support better a smaller peaces looks good and so far good results, this idea was taken from the pictures I have seen on this forum someone did something very similar to this I just try to duplicated it and make it fit my own purpose
here are few photos of what it looks like

Saw1.jpg
saw 2.jpg

Paul

Saw1.jpg saw 2.jpg

I have the same cheapo and the first thing that broke is the plastic hand crank that tightens up the vise, I haven't done any mods to the thing other than make a handle for the crank. So your pictures have shown me something that I can do too.
One thing I want to do is change the spring thing for lowering the blade to a hydraulic lower system.

Even though it is most likely the cheapest metal bandsaw on the market, the blades are reasonable for price and they last a pretty long time for the amount of use my does. I have a chop saw, another cheapo from Canadian tire, which was already replaced once due to the first one burning up. Hence the purchase of the cheapo bandsaw, which I use more actually.
The legs are pretty cheap, just thin tin, so someday, I plan on making a better stand for the bandsaw to sit on, which if I go that far, I may as well add a coolant tank.

Thanks for sharing, your work is most impressive!

I have the same cheapo and the first thing that broke is the plastic hand crank that tightens up the vise, I haven't done any mods to the thing other than make a handle for the crank. So your pictures have shown me something that I can do too.
One thing I want to do is change the spring thing for lowering the blade to a hydraulic lower system.

Even though it is most likely the cheapest metal bandsaw on the market, the blades are reasonable for price and they last a pretty long time for the amount of use my does. I have a chop saw, another cheapo from Canadian tire, which was already replaced once due to the first one burning up. Hence the purchase of the cheapo bandsaw, which I use more actually.
The legs are pretty cheap, just thin tin, so someday, I plan on making a better stand for the bandsaw to sit on, which if I go that far, I may as well add a coolant tank.

Thanks for sharing, your work is most impressive!

Hi Hahahaha
Yes I know what you mean about the handle every time I tighten it it seems like it is a last time I will make a better one just have to wait for my milling machine to arrive, You right about the blades being reasonable and it cuts quite nice for the price
Paul

nice idea, i've been wanting to put the jaw closer to the blade for shorter pieces.
I see a project in my hear future. :thinking:

Back