A2Z QCTP on 6" v36 atlas

madmodifier

Registered
Registered
I purchased the A2Z QCTP from little machine shop for my v36 atlas. From the instructions I need to make a t-nut. It also seems like I need to make a spacer for the tool post so that the tool holders will be in the middle of the adjustment. Anyone have the same experience?

Madmodifier,

FYI, an Atlas V36 is a 10" (10x18), not a 6".

What LMS model number did you buy?

Robert D.

OOPS.
Maybe they will take it back and you can swap it for one for a 10".
Jack

Yep. Except for the center drills and the chuck but not the chuck arbor, that "ain't gonna work". You'd better call them tomorrow and see what you can work out.

Personally, I would pay the additional money and buy the steel toolpost AXA instead of the aluminum one. It'll still be around for your heirs to worry about. :))

Also, if you don't already know, you need to buy several extra 101 and probably one or two extra 102 tool holders. If you have only one turning and facing holder, the only advantage of the QC over the 4-way turret is the height adjust. Otherwise, if for example you are doing a job that requires both turning and facing, you will have to change and maybe re-center the cutter every time that you switch between the two phases. The 101 holds turning and facing cutters. The 102 holds those plus round (and square or octagonal) boring bars. Fortunately, they are relatively cheap.

Robert D.

Yes, that one will work fine.

Robert D.

Back