A Tilt Table For The Milling Machine

Ok, here is my little table 20160225_183411.jpg 20160225_183433.jpg It is a bit rough but it works, Had to hold some machined brass at 20degrees while I punched some holes on it with the mill.

KVT- You may want to make your supports out of 1/4" if you encounter any vibration or chatter. Depending on what you are machining, angle plates can have a lot of hang-over when used at the lower angles.

Here are some pics of mine. Pretty stout (1/2" 6061 alum.) but it never flexes so I'm very happy with it. I've made some high precision projects on this and never experienced any chatter or vibration. Not shown in these pics, I added a little button head allen screw on the table plate to zero it vertically. You'll also see a removable register for the rotary table. I use a digital protractor to set angles with very good repeat ability.

IMG_1560.JPG IMG_1561.JPG IMG_1563.JPG IMG_1564.JPG IMG_1568.JPG IMG_1572.JPG IMG_1573.JPG

I will keep that in mind but my setup is not very big (sherline) but I do put a bit of a load on it at times. That is also why I am thinking of finding someone with a surface grinder to make me a tooling palate so I quit marring the aluminum table all the time.

Back