A Sad Day ..... My best friend ( my dog) passed away

So sorry , Mark they are closer then family I know . My daughter has two her children , tiger hunter is sixteen and has beat death twice . Our other gran dog looks ALOT like your ole buddy. We didn't want anymore but ya know we love them tiger travelled a whole lot of miles with me in the truck. When I got down he climbed in my lap everyday still would but his arthritis stops him. I sure hope God saves our pets for us. You have my condolences my friend.

So very sorry to hear of your loss, Mark. Our four legged friends fill a special niche in our lives in such special and distinctive ways. The gap left behind when they pass on is difficult to fill.

So very sorry for your loss, having lost several good PET friends I truly understand they become a member of our family. He will be waiting for you on the other side when your time comes & you will be united once more.

fixit

So sorry to hear about your loss Mark. We do get so very attached to our pets. When my last dog died I was so beside myself. I just could not function. So, after 2 weeks of that... I got on PetFinder.com and found another pup. Jumped in the car, drove a hundred miles back and forth and arrived home with a 4 week old rescue. He's been great, but that was 12 years ago. He's a big dog...100lbs. So I know I will face this again very soon. It's never easy. But I do feel that the only cure is to get another. You are never too old. Especially when you are getting a rescue who may get put down if you don't step in.

Anyway, as I'm sure you already know...Nothing will replace your last pup that just passed. It's tough. But that doesn't mean that you should not move forward and get another pup.

Mark... Losing a pet is like losing a family member because they ARE family.
It leaves a hole in your heart that seems like nothing can fill.
Condolences, Mark. Many of us have felt your pain.
We bear the burden with you. We are your family... Bill W.

As much as I miss my Stush, I do have a couple other buddies that need me. And I need them.
20170902_220727_HDR.jpg
This is Jingles. A little 4 pound poodle that was mistreated just like Stush. He is now 12 years old and I have had him for 9 years also.
IMG_0162.JPG
This is Peaches, my little Yorkie. I got her and Jingles at the same time. I rescued them from the same puppy mill as I rescued Stush from several months after I got Stush.
IMG_0446.JPG
This is Gizmo. I rescued him from an Amish farm. He is a 3 year old Shih Tzu. He was tied in the woods, no house, no food, covered with ticks and fleas. I have had him for 2 years.
20170826_205720_HDR.jpg
This is Chrissie. A 3 year old Terrier I got at 8 weeks old. The owners were going to drown her cause they didn't want her.

This is my merry little family and we love one another. It is amazing, they notice Stush is gone, but together we will all get through the loss together. Gizmo has gotten very attached to me since Stush passed.

Even with the others here, I miss Stush terribly, but the others help.

Mark ,
you are a good man with a big heart, rescuing all those wee souls, Although Stush to you was by all accounts the most precious of your little group, Reading of how you got these poor little things makes me want to grab some people by the throats and do the same to them, Sadly a percentage of the population suffer from a total lack of humanity

Very sorry to hear this Mark. They become extremely close in a very short time. I don't know what I'll do when Molly goes. When I'm home she is always with me.

"Bill"

Back