A Project Quest

Ordered a 5 X 10 Mag chuck yesterday with Mag Parallels and Mag Vee Blocks. Should be heer this week.

"Billy G"

I ordered the same chuck. It should arrive this coming week.
I assume you are building two machines simultaneously? Will there be any variation?
Robert

Last edited:
No variations at this point, both machines will be identical. There will be many changes from the original built in 2006. That design was good, but not good enough.

"Billy G and Mark"

This build is amazing to me.
Thank God I am a member, and I came by in time.
I have missed out on previous projects, but this one, I will be right on.
Bill, I have a Sanford, I believe, which is hobbyist size. Please let me know if you would like any tech info on it. Quality made , but could use improvement, I am sure.
I am sure u know of it. I absolutely love it, and it does easily become your "go to" machine.
I believe DavidS summed it up,
"And somehow this re-enforced the inclusive mission of this site. I just wish that with my limited experience I could be a part of the project. To learn and more important to bond and make new friends".
As I too am a beginner, but have a keen eye and an obsessive mind that will never settle for mediocrity.
The idea of two experienced machinists improving on a machine build, is very exciting.
Bravo!!!
ome

Hello "ome"

Does the "Sanford" have power feed on the table? If so I am extremely interested in seeing it.

Billy G"

I can draw anywhere, all I need is a 18" scale and a pencil. ROTFLMBO

"Billy G"

102_1213 (900 x 598).jpg

Hello "ome"

Does the "Sanford" have power feed on the table? If so I am extremely interested in seeing it.

Billy G"
Hi Bill,
No power feed, all manual.
Please call me "Jon" , ome is the sound I hear all the time, lately , a bit loud.
The only Sanskrit word some people know.
Talk to you soon,
10am till ?
Jon

I usually hit the sack at 9:00 PM.

"Billy G"

We have questions, Mark will be contacting you via PM.

Side note --Chuck size has changed from 4" X 7" to 5" X 10". The small addition will make a world of difference.

We will also be using a 8" wheel instead of the 6".

"Billy G and Mark"
Bill,
I don't know if you saw them, but Wholesale Tool Co. has surface grinding wheels in 7" and 8" with a 1 1/4" hole for a decent price. They are 1/2" wide.

Back