A little Christmas present surprise

Razzle

Jack of All, Master of None
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I recently won an ebay auction for a set of 4 General brand adjustable parallels. No one else bid so I got it for about $27 plus shipping. I felt like I got a deal. Well, it turns out that I really got a deal. They arrived today and when I unpacked them and took a look it turns out that they are actually Starrett and were just in a General branded plastic case. The auction pictures only described them as General and there were no photos of them out of the case. But they are perfect condition Starrett adjustable parallels. Clearly marked LS Starrett on each of them. So now I feel like I need to make a nice wooden case for them. I am really surprised and pleased because this type of thing never happens to me on Ebay. I usually lose bids or feel like I paid too much for something after it arrives and I get a good look at it. So, I seldom bid on anything anymore. But this is one time where the stars aligned, and I easily won and got more than I bargained for. Just a little Christmas present surprise that I wasn't expecting. Merry Christmas all. May you all have an enjoyable Christmas experience.

When they were new, they came in a soft plastic red pouch with pockets for each parallel, this protects them without taking up space in the toolbox drawer.

Congratulations @Razzle!

You may deserve it here with that great deal, but I will not give you a "You Suck" for two reasons.......

1) your ebay history with:
I usually lose bids or feel like I paid too much for something after it arrives and I get a good look at it. So, I seldom bid on anything anymore.

2) it is Christmas, you deserve a present!

Merry Christmas.

Brian

Back