A Beginners Clock

Re: The next project

At last we have the finished clock, just waiting to be found a home in the house.

Now comes the job of getting it all together in book form. I hope you have enjoyed the build.

P1012270.JPG

Brian.

P1012270.JPG

Also we seem to have made a few tools along the way.

P1012271.JPG

P1012272.JPG

I didnt think it was that many?

brian.

P1012271.JPG P1012272.JPG

Hi All
Just an update on progress so far, the book has,

13107 words. 217 photographs. and 45 drawings.

still plodding on.

Brian.

Brian,

Just want to say that I really like the work you do and appreciate your contributions here...

Ray

Update ---the book is now,1887 words---245 photos and 54 drawings, and coming together nicely

Brian

Nearing the end, the part involving the building of the clock is complete. It has 16,548 words, 283 photographs and 72 drawings.

I have slightly altered some parts so it can easily be built in either metric or imperial, many of the sizes are now possible just to use the nearest
direct replacement. No juggling with a calculator, screws have a direct replacement chart. BA / American.

I still have the introduction and technical description to do, and finish the tools section, but its on track for late this year.

Brian:phew:

Brian, I am still watching this thread and am glad to hear you are still working on the plans and book.

I am off to the UK for a holiday next week, and hopefully by the time I get back (early October) all will be done.

Cheers,

Tom

Brian, If you can find a copy of "Gears for small mechanisms" by W.O. Davis it's probably the best book ever written on the subject of gear cutting. It's hard to find but maybe your library can find it for you.

Based on your recommendation, I kept a search on Ebay, and found a copy! Wonderful book! I haven't put it down!

Bernie

The book is nearly finished I am just adding a section for those that have a mill and wish to use it, so I have devised a simple dividing head using the lathe change wheels, at almost zero cost.

P1012543.JPG

Not long now just keep at it.

Brian.:))

P1012543.JPG

Back