A 960 Sq. ft Garage-Shop!!

When you say lower taxes, our base is reduced because of our fire loss.
We pay 1% of our reduced base.
That nets out a little over $4,000 a year At this new location.
Just curious if that’s what you were thinking?
Not just property taxes, but income taxes, gas taxes, all those add up I am sure. I'm on 3/4 acre, 2500 sq ft. house and I think our property taxes are in the $3k range a year.

Not just property taxes, but income taxes, gas taxes, all those add up I am sure. I'm on 3/4 acre, 2500 sq ft. house and I think our property taxes are in the $3k range a year.
Yeah, California has plenty of fees. Our dmv fees are sky high, our gas price right now is $4.50 and real estate is very high.
People want out of urban life and traffic.
Ohio winters though, brrr.

The house is nice, but where are the shop pics? Congrats the on the new digs. Cheers, Mike

Feel pretty blessed tax wise. My place 2800sf house, with 1100sf garage, and 2100sf shop on 15acres (twenty miles from town) is $800 a year. Normally it would be $1600, but in our county when you hit 65, your property taxes are lowered by 50%. Now the ski area (Steamboat Springs) is a whole nother ball game. My house on three city lots would be closer to 10k, but would also be worth 1.5-2 million. Would still much rather be where I am. Mike

You'll be the first to know. We are optimistic but are prepared to be turned down. Our offer is asking price. Who could turn that down?
In this market people add 10 to 20 grand over. Our realtor said this price range doesn't usually get too crazy with the bidding wars.
However, this area of Chico is highly sought after.
It's a great investment!
We recently lost a bid on a house near Detroit, MI. Winning bid was $85k over on a $400k house. Market was just insane.

I'm really thankful I cashed out of my home in San Francisco (Sea Cliff), and moved to Portland OR 10 years ago. Cost of living here is SO much lower, but my house here has tripped in value in the 10 years I've owned it. Real Estate is on a tear. Good luck on your purchase - I've always liked the Chico area.

The house is nice, but where are the shop pics? Congrats the on the new digs. Cheers, Mike
Here you go.
9 ft ceilings, there is a cabinet and sink at the home entry door in the shop.
The nice thing about having space is I can build a RPC and compressor room outside the shop. The side utility yard will hold our trailer, cutting bench, steel storage etc. -maybe :)
1640097440171.png

Last edited:
We recently lost a bid on a house near Detroit, MI. Winning bid was $85k over on a $400k house. Market was just insane.
That's my concern. This is a rare find in this area. I can see someone coming in and offering 50K over asking price.
My wife's friend knows the builder. They want it to go to a local family, not someone out of the area trying to relocate.
We'll see.
It's the waiting that's hard. My wife and I know if we don't get the home it wasn't meant to be.

Back