9x20 Lathe 2MT Drill Chuck Arbor

Analias

Active User
Registered
I bought both my G4000 and my HF 9x20 lathe used, and neither of them came with a 2MT drill chuck arbor. I bought a J33 drill chuck and 2MT J33 drill chuck arbor from Shars. The arbor came with a tang on the end of the arbor. Shars doesn't sell any 2MT arbors without a tang on the end.

Can anyone tell me if the original 2MT arbors that came with the 9x20 lathes had a tang on them? When I insert the arbor, it looks like I loose the length of the tang on the depth scale. If the original arbors for these lathes don't come with a tang, should I cut it off? The tail stock doesn't look like it has any provisions for capturing the tang at the end of the taper.

yep cut it off , i did on mine works fine i also experienced spinning ddrill chuck cause it wasnt seating
deep enough in the taper i ground mine off works fine

I bought both my G4000 and my HF 9x20 lathe used, and neither of them came with a 2MT drill chuck arbor. I bought a J33 drill chuck and 2MT J33 drill chuck arbor from Shars. The arbor came with a tang on the end of the arbor. Shars doesn't sell any 2MT arbors without a tang on the end.

Can anyone tell me if the original 2MT arbors that came with the 9x20 lathes had a tang on them? When I insert the arbor, it looks like I loose the length of the tang on the depth scale. If the original arbors for these lathes don't come with a tang, should I cut it off? The tail stock doesn't look like it has any provisions for capturing the tang at the end of the taper.

Excellent, thank you, I appreciate the help.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Back