9X20 Jet Lathe after 3 years

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
WOW! That lathe is lucky to be alive!

It'll serve it's purpose until something bigger and better comes along!

You've done a nice job so far with limited stuff to work with.

Nice job so far on that Lathe, I'd like to find a small Lathe about that size.

Paul

Bill,

Thanks for the photos and inspiration. I've about given up on a 9x20, but I just wish a $25 one would come my way!

Appreciate your sharing and hope it serves you well.

Ken

I've always loved a good resurrection story.

...... but I just wish a $25 one would come my way!
I was just going to say the same thing! :drool:

Very nice job of doing CPR on that machine Bill. That takes some major dedication. And it's probably set up better now than when it left the factory. :biggrin:

Hello Tony,
Isn't it the wrong holiday for resurrection stories:thinking:

Best Regards
Rick

PS, No offence intended to any religious folk out there, as a matter of fact I am quite religious myself:halo:

I pay no attention to the common holidays, actually. My reference was not related to the nearing holiday, in fact, nor any in particular. And yes, I am a very devout, religious man. Sometimes, my choice becomes a subject of contentious discussions, so I won't bring in any specifics. As is proper, because it is a sensitive subject that we have decided to try to avoid on the forum, due only to the possibility of rancor among the members. Although religion should be a powerful influence for peace, in fact at times it is directly opposite. Many wars have been fought, and much violence can be attributed to religion. Even in a normally civil atmosphere, it can ignite strong feelings that lead to arguments that we feel should not be on a website designed primarily for the discussion of hobby machining.

And, I was not offended either. :biggrin:

Rick, don't take what I posted as chastisement or anything akin to criticism. I actually love to talk religion, but we all agreed to keep it of the forum here, and I was guilty myself of instigating the thought when I mentioned "resurrection". Original Greek for it means literally " standing up again", so I thought it appropriate for what Bill was helping the lathe to do, metaphorically. Not meant in a religious sense. So I too, would apologize to any person offended.

Rick, they let me hang around, and I've never been a hobby machinist, so I expect you will be welcome as well. :biggrin:

Hey, am I still allowed to post here when I am no longer a hobby machinist:bitingnails:
Best Regards
Rick
Inside of every hobbyist is a professional trying to get out. We won't hold it against you just because yours escaped...... :biggrin:

Back