890 pound beauty & she's all mine

Some machines use a friction drive arrangement to accomplish the fine feed, and some have a lever to flip to swing an actual worm into engagement. You probably could run down a manual for it.

Charley
You SUCK :whistle:
But ya done GOOD:biggrin::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Nice Score, Good for you :drink2:

After looking it over she is missing most if not all of the oiling system and coolant pumping system and reservoirs. The coolant part is no problem but the oiling could be. I saw where a guy was scrapping one on PM and selling the pump & lines for $20 but that was jumped on immediately. If you guys would please keep an eye out for those items plus a magnetic chuck that will work on her.

nice charley
looks like you are about to have to build on to your building though
you have lots of nice toys I see
steve

Charley, you suck! :biggrin: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ok, had to get that obligatory out of the way. :p

Hey Charley, you wanna adopt a son?! ;) :) Good luck with it, sir.

These are the specs I found on the pump

BIJUR DELIMON INTERNATIONAL
(919) 465 4448 LOCAL (800) 631 0168 TOLL-FREE (919) 465 0516 FAX Bijur Delimon Automatic Lubrication Systems : Home
2100 Gateway Centre
Blvd., Suite 109 Morrisville, NC 27560
34012 • R4 05/09
Motor-driven Gear Pump
Recirculating Systems
Operation
A motor-driven gear pump discharges oil at low operating pressures. Assembly is furnished with two discharge outlets and is normally used to deliver oil to individual areas on machine. Typically, the pump is mounted in machine oil sump (see page 2).
Oil outputs normally flow back to a machinery sump area where pump is located to recirculate the oil. Unit does not have a bypass flow control valve. Outputs may be redirected through external control valves if required.
Unit can be used with single line resistance metering devices to feed multiple points – consult Bijur Delimon. Models are available for various electrical voltages.
Technical Data
Motor
Single Phase
Power Rating
60 Hz
Current
17mA (220, 24 VAC), 35mA (110 VAC)
Operating Speed
600 rpm
Delivery Volume
40cc/min. nominal*
Pressure Rating
40 psi (3.5 bar)
Operating Temperature
5°C-40°C (40°F-105°F)
Running Period
Continuous duty
Lubricant Viscosity
160 SUS-1170 SUS at cSt 100°F
Suction Filter
120 mesh
Test Conformity-Motor
UL/CSA approval
Connection Ports (2)
1/8" NPT
Weight
1.2 kg (2.6 lb)
* Outputs may vary somewhat depending on oil viscosity being pumped

As for the magnetic chuck I think I need one that is specific to my 612 cause the table is made to hold a specific dimension only 2 holes for it

I was mistaken on the mounting of the vice, it does have a T slot down the center of the table and I can mount up to a 16" magnetic chuck as long as that's the hole spacing.

I also see the metering valve is still there for the oiling system but the little petcock lever is missing.

The nut on the tapered shaft is missing & I'm assuming there is something else missing that goes on that taper for mounting the wheel:dunno::headscratch:

Man that stuff is expensive :yikes:"jawdrop: Hope I can find the missing stuff at the scrap yard or used somewhere Ouch!!!!!

Charley I've got a coolant pump buried in the garage at home. I think that it is three phase though. The adapters & pullers we can make. Some one made the comment about adding on to your shop. I'm here to inform you that you don't have to add on! You can bring it over to my shop & I will feed & water it & give it lots of attention & affection!

Charley I've got a coolant pump buried in the garage at home. I think that it is three phase though. The adapters & pullers we can make. Some one made the comment about adding on to your shop. I'm here to inform you that you don't have to add on! You can bring it over to my shop & I will feed & water it & give it lots of attention & affection!

Sorry Phil, I got a better idea about Charley's space requirments. I will keep the Bridgeport and Charley will then have the room needed for the grinder.:lmao: He could use the VFD he ordered for the Bridgeport for the surface grinder thereby solving most of his problems.

I agree with your idea to make the wheel adapter, just another almost easy project. I took a look at the grinder this afternoon and I think Blue Chips idea about the hand oiler or something similar would work for a hobby grinder. The oil requirements are not great, the table ways looked good, and the plastic tubing that feeds them is still in place.

Now if only the motor is good!

Benny

Back