833TV - x axis power feed horizonal vs vertical motor orientation?

skcncx

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Is there just not enough room (clearance) to hang the power feed for the x axis in the vertical position?

Like option #2 in pic below.

Seems like the option #1 is what you see configured for these bench top mills. My guess is in the vertical orientation you either won't clear your bench and if it did, you lose a significant travel once you get close to the base casting.

I'm my prep for the 833TV I'm trying to minimize as much floor space width as needed, knowing I will want power feed eventually. Just seems like the horizontal really takes up a lot of space.

Also, is it uncommon and unnecessary to have a power feed on the Y axis? PM only sells it with Z axis and X axis power feed options.

1669134965804.png

There's no room for the PF to mount vertically. Same reason that there's no PF for the Y axis. There may be some other bench models that could work, but I don't know of them.

There's no room for the PF to mount vertically. Same reason that there's no PF for the Y axis. There may be some other bench models that could work, but I don't know of them.
Thanks for the confirmation. Figured that was the likely reason, just wanted to be sure.

Certainly not going to choose a mill just based on power feed options, but a lower profile would be nice.

Back