833TV Side projects day.

I agree 100% with you, @Christianstark, regarding PM's customer service. It seems like one individual, in particular, is getting a really sour attitude about answering the phone. He really rubbed me the wrong way on one of my calls with the attitude I was an idiot and didn't know what I was doing. When he told me that each machine has the gibs matched, I almost burst out laughing. I responded with, "Have a good day, that will be all."

Although I agree, they don't come right out and offer to make things right immediately, you have to press the issue.
My machine was no longer under warranty, and I did not realize the issue due to my lack of knowledge at the beginning of my machining hobby and then eventually did not follow up due to the "I'm a gonna" syndrome. But, it is very apparent that their customer service has changed course for whatever reason. I could say more but will not.

Last edited:
When I owned my 833TV, I too had an issue with one of the gibs. It was basically too thin and stuck out like you explained earlier. PM sent me a new gib but it had to me properly fitted before I could use it. It of course was not a drop in item. I ended up selling the machine before installing the new gib.

When I owned my 833TV, I too had an issue with one of the gibs. It was basically too thin and stuck out like you explained earlier. PM sent me a new gib but it had to me properly fitted before I could use it. It of course was not a drop in item. I ended up selling the machine before installing the new gib.
I just ordered some brass shim stock off Amazon. $50 and I should be better off than I am today. Plan is to slip in the gib snug, and then measuring how far the gib goes past where I want it to (centered). I will lower and rest the head, remove the gib, and make 2 marks that distance is apart.

Then I will mic both locations, and use the gib shim closest to but not over the difference.

Isn't this crazy, though?
Christian, Tipton, and I all have had the same issue. I am sure there are others (many?) that have had this same issue.

Isn't this crazy, though?
Christian, Tipton, and I all have had the same issue. I am sure there are others (many?) that have had this same issue.
I was having issues and they sent me a new gib, but it turned out the Y axis was poorly ground and was not parallel. I was getting deviations in gib clearance depending on where the carriage was on the ways. I had to exchange the machine for a new one. It was a nightmare.

Back