8" rotary table mod.

Charles scozzari

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hi, I finished up a mod to an 8"horizontal rotary table that was on a mill I had bought some time ago. The table face was purpose modified for a specific job by the previous owner. There were cuts made into the surface of the table and the worm assembly was removed, so any settings were done manually, that said I still wanted to keep it as a back up to my 10" table but wanted it to also be a vertical unit also. I made an adaptor plate and mounted a chuck. Some of the work I do calls for nodding the head of my mill which then means tramming the head again. The set up I came up with allows me to angle the table by sliding the third leg back to the desired degree up to 45 without nodding the head. To return the table to horizontal I just have to remove the leg and it's brackets. Above all I now have a second table as back up. Thanks, Charlie4FCB5CB6-B682-4595-8711-5D8875D83CBA.jpeg47AD52A8-A22C-4E46-A64C-362F9BE943F1.jpeg9293624F-A819-4EE7-81D7-D4A6E9D1A4FE.jpeg4F86275C-4844-4162-9E3F-19E806A68ED8.jpeg284B9A5C-7994-4FB9-8E16-957C73ED4561.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting setup.
Do you know the brand of table to see if the parts are available to turn it back into a functional rotary table?

Nice work!
Are the threads on the 3rd leg left-right to allow for fine tuning the angle, like a turnbuckle?

you're almost there to a sine bar setup too. If you mount a spacer to your existing base rod, to lift it, and mount another rod at x inches you can take advantage of an accurate angle (sine ) setup.

nice workmanship on what you did.

Interesting setup.
Do you know the brand of table to see if the parts are available to turn it back into a functional rotary table?
Hi, when I first got it I found that was almost the cost of a new one. It's a Phase II. rotary 8" unit. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Nice work!
Are the threads on the 3rd leg left-right to allow for fine tuning the angle, like a turnbuckle?
Hi, thanks for your interest. Yes I used heim jounts L/R 5/8"x18 tpi. They fit into the 1 x 1 1/2" rec. tightly. Charlie

you're almost there to a sine bar setup too. If you mount a spacer to your existing base rod, to lift it, and mount another rod at x inches you can take advantage of an accurate angle (sine ) setup.

Thank's and I will consider an extension

Back