7x14 to 7x16 Rebuild

@verbotenwhisky

I am NOT buying expensive materials to appease YOUR ideals. If YOU want to pay for that material and send it to me so that I can make spacers from it then YOU are more than welcome to do so. Basically, you either put up the material you want to see used or shut up and butt out.

Oh, and btw, if you know as much as you profess to about 7x headstocks by your statements, you should know full and well that a 7x headstock is not "full of fluid". Enclosed? yes. Full of fluid? not a chance in hell without serious modification.
You know, I was attempting to answer questions. You have been on the attack as though I am making demands of you and apparently you missed the portion of my post where I said "If it were mine, this would be my chosen coarse of action, I personally do not like aluminum parts inside of gear boxes which are enclosed, full of fluid and require disassembly for observation/inspection." You do you boo.

@dabear3428

I have zero problems with you asking relevant questions as it is how we learn. If you do not ask, you do not learn. The only stupid question is the one that is never asked.

As to verbotenwhisky, I may have over-reacted I may not have done, but either way I refuse to spend money on expensive materials to appease another persons ideals or personal dislikes.

Suggestions? fine. Raising questions over a particular choice or a particular matter? also fine.

I should not have to explain my choice of material even though it is based on sound reasoning and planning that only I am privvy to.
I agree and knowing Verbotenwhisky I think you misinterpreted his comment. It’s all good we are all here to share and improve our skills

Agreed your money your time your hobby and I will defend your right to do it however you see fit. In my case I do that and often I’m makeing mistakes but I learn more from a mistake than from doing it right.

Like Verbotenwhisky said “you do boo”

Last edited:
Back