618 change gears ?

David h

Registered
Registered
i have a set of gears for an older machine. They are off of a craftsman model 109. they appear to be the same as those on a atlas 618. Does any one know if they are the same. I also need to know what sizes make a complete set. I plan on selling the extra set but don't want to give some one the wrong information. any help would be appreciated.

David,

If you don't have it, download the 618 Parts List from Downloads. Go to the Lead Screw, Change Gears, etc. page. The full set of change gears consists of the stack on the right plus the three gears to the left. Note that there are two of 32T and 64T.

I have also heard that the Atlas and AA change gears can be interchanged but I've never had either set in my hands so can't swear it's true. Maybe someone else here can say.

Here is the chart for my '109'.

I have almost two full sets of gears for the machine, and some are marked for a 6" Atlas. I'm pretty sure only some versions of
the Atlas(6" swing) will be the same, 24Dp,14.5deg PA. I think the 9,10,12" swing Atlas's use a 16DP,14.5deg PA and are heavier
gears. Hope this helps

Cheers
Note> I can't tell if the chart copied or not, so if it didn't and you want a copy, then send me a PM and
I'll email it to you.

Again cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back