5C collet drawer organizer

jeremysf

Registered
Registered
Quick project to make a 5C collet drawer organizer from some thin plywood. An hour or so with a hole saw (1.25” on 2” spacing) and some black spray paint and I think it turned out pretty good!

f58672791851e7f96df4591516713f48.jpg

f9a6aceb4d38130e25c9b0022a91ed4f.jpg

That is nice! I have been heading that way for a while.
How did you arrive at that set? I have the small set, divisions of 1/16, with a few additions.
I cannot find the "fill in" set of collets by 1/32 or 1/64.
Must I sell the 1/16 set and put that money towards the 1/64 set?

I swear I found a fill in 5C set way back... ebay seller?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That looks great! I plan to buy the grizzly southbend oak chest that holds 5C collets. But i plan to make nylon bushings bc my SB uses 3C.

Just for fun, you could add some visual aids, to make it easier to find a given size collet - either outline the even eighths sizes with a silver Sharpie, or add labels. I've found this to be nice timesaver for drill indexes, etc.

Just for fun, you could add some visual aids, to make it easier to find a given size collet - either outline the even eighths sizes with a silver Sharpie, or add labels. I've found this to be nice timesaver for drill indexes, etc.
Exactly what I did with my set ups. I went with 72 hole racks (8 x 9 hole pattern) with the 9-holes on the horizontal. The left edge is labeled 1/8 and 1/16 on the appropriate rows. Makes it easier to find the 1/2" collet by running across the 1/8" row.

Bruce

Last edited:
Exactly what I did with my set ups. I went with 72 hole racks (8 x 9 hole pattern) with the 8-holes on the horizontal. The left edge is labeled 1/8 and 1/16 on the appropriate rows. Makes it easier to find the 1/2" collet by running across the 1/8" row.

Bruce
I can't quite picture that;)

Back